VoPay is a leader in payment innovation, digitizing direct bank payments with speed and transparency. The VoPay Platform enhances how businesses initiate and accept financial transactions using a single, open API. At VoPay, we have one goal: to eliminate all payment inefficiencies, so businesses can focus on what they do best in today’s digital economy.
VoPay is currently looking for a Business Development Representative with a proven track record of success. The right person will have experience in outbound sales and excel in working within a team environment. Preferred industry vertical experience will include payments and technology, financial services and banking. This isn’t a typical role. Our business is growing and we operate in a very agile environment. The ideal candidate has a ‘can do’ attitude and strives towards growth and advancement. Opportunities for successful candidates will include growth opportunities into new regions across Canada and the US. If you are a highly motivated, driven, self-starting individual who knows how to hit the ground running, we’d love to chat.
- Conducting quality-focused prospecting into North American organizations via cold-calling, social networking, e-mail as well as utilizing online information sources to build and maintain a lead development pipeline
- Research prospects and identify stakeholders in order to generate interest and create rapport
- Working with Management and other members of the Sales Team to reliably meet and exceed quotas to fuel a valuable sales pipeline
- Introducing VoPay’s value proposition to industry stakeholders in a customer-centric voice to assess fit and purchasing interest
- Managing and overcoming prospect objections by educating stakeholders on VoPay’s technology and services
- Managing responses from integrated marketing and sales campaigns
- Contributing to the creation and optimization of sales scripts, email campaigns, and various prospect messaging
- Building and maintaining accurate activity, contact and account information of all customers and prospects through extensive use of CRM such as HubSpot, Salesforce, and other internal tools
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- +5 years exceptional sales attainment in a quota-driven, high-demand environment in a Business Development or related role
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Marketing or another related degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Proven track record as a self-starter capable of working through ambiguity, roadblocks and high-pressure scenarios
- Well-versed in the Financial Technology industry, domestically and globally
- Willingness to make targeted outbound calls as part of the prospecting process
- Comfortable conducting high-level product conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts is a must.
- A storyteller who’s comfortable presenting a company and a product to anyone, in any setting.
- Presenting the value of a solution to meet individual customer needs is what you do best.
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong administrative and organizational and excellent follow-up skills
- Experience generating sales deliverables such as proposals, pitch decks, presentations and case studies
- Well versed in selling SaaS-based solutions with a multi-tier pricing strategy
- Experience working with a CRM such as Hubspot
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Friendly, upbeat, optimistic, and authentic