VoPay is a leader in payment innovation, digitizing direct bank payments with speed and transparency. The VoPay Platform enhances how businesses initiate and accept financial transactions using a single, open API. At VoPay, we have one goal: to eliminate all payment inefficiencies, so businesses can focus on what they do best in today’s digital economy.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join the core team responsible for developing and driving the strategy, roadmap, and product execution for our payment platform. Reporting to the VP of Products, in this role you will manage relationships with the client and all stakeholders to drive concurrent development projects, metrics, and overall process improvement.
You’ll ensure new products and features are delivered on time and meet all requirements.
- Take ownership of assigned projects from the initial stages to completion
- Manage and control project constraints (scope, time, cost and quality) and change requests as required
- Owning the product roadmap and ensuring it is top of mind
- Analyze projects and recommend the best way to breakdown work and execute
- Track key project milestones, budget, resource availability and adjust project plans and/or resources
- Manage teamwork assignments, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Identification and management of risks and any issues which arise throughout the project
- Communication of progress, resource requirements, and timelines to the executive team
- Prepare Project Status reports and share with Stakeholders
- Conduct project reviews and create recommendations in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Proven track record of managing project deliverables through all phases (i.e. managed project plans, delivery schedules, and QA, managed project financials)
- Advance knowledge of project management software such as Jira
- Experience with an external partner and internal stakeholder facing roles
- Experience leading and delivering API integration with third-party vendors and partners
- Experience working in a software development environment and a good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to identify early warning indicators
- Significant experience using various project and program management methodologies in a variety of environments
- Ability to multitask and manage projects with competing priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in the software or FinTech sector
- Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma in a relevant discipline, or equivalent years of related experience
- Business analysis and functional requirements gathering
- Knowledge of financial technology services would be an advantage